Marked4Gaming
Please login for More access options on the forum Like Hidden Forums, Creating/customizing your Profile, Posting,Voting, + more!!!

If you don't have a login.. Please Register. Its free. So come have some fun and enjoy M4G.

Marked4Gaming is a Entertainment forum for all your Gaming, Entertainment, News and Coding needs.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

GameStop interested in re-selling digital games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: GameStop interested in re-selling digital games   Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:41 am

GameStop, unsurprisingly, has expressed great interest in reselling digital games.

GameStop CEO Paul Raines told Gamespot that the US retail giant has been actively looking into the prospect of kicking off a digital 'used' game market.

"It's very interesting. There are some technologies out there in Europe, and we've looked at a couple that are involved. We're interested," he said.

"It's not a meaningful business yet. Right now we're not seeing that as a huge market, but I think we're on the leading edge. There are a few companies, a few startups, out there that we've talked to that are doing this."

Raines declined to comment on the 'few companies' he refers to, saying, "We wouldn't want to disclose that and have our competitors rushing in."

The Court of Justice of the European Union ruled earlier this month that customers have the right to resell digitally purchased games.

While the ruling is not binding, it is designed to be used for reference when such matters arise in courts in EU countries.

Used game sales produce a significant portion of retailer business, and with the industry slowly transitioning to digital sales - which obviously cuts out the retailer - its unsurprising that GameStop is looking to muscle in on digital sales.

Do you think gamers should be able to sell on their digital games?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GameStop interested in re-selling digital games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1