Marked4Gaming
Please login for More access options on the forum Like Hidden Forums, Creating/customizing your Profile, Posting,Voting, + more!!!

If you don't have a login.. Please Register. Its free. So come have some fun and enjoy M4G.

Marked4Gaming is a Entertainment forum for all your Gaming, Entertainment, News and Coding needs.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Relying solely on existing brands 'a costly mistake' - EA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silent
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Relying solely on existing brands 'a costly mistake' - EA   Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:17 am

Patrick Soderlund, head of the EA Games label, has said that it would be a 'costly and short-lived mistake' for publishers to rely too heavily on its top existing brands.

"As game makers, we have to continuously work and launch new intellectual properties into the market," Soderlund told USA Today.

"If we think we can live off of our existing brands and that only, I think it will not only be costly, but a short-lived mistake," he added.

"I still think there's a lot of creative juice in brands like Battlefield and Need For Speed and a bunch of our franchises, but I also do think there's a lot of room for new intellectual properties. We are investing in that today, and you will see new IPs from EA and the Games label in the future."

Speaking of Battlefield 3, Soderlund also confirmed that the BF3 Premium service has scooped 800,000 sign-ups in its first two weeks, exceeding EA's internal expectations.
Back to top Go down
http://marked4gaming.fullboards.com

Relying solely on existing brands 'a costly mistake' - EA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1