Marked4Gaming
Please login for More access options on the forum Like Hidden Forums, Creating/customizing your Profile, Posting,Voting, + more!!!

If you don't have a login.. Please Register. Its free. So come have some fun and enjoy M4G.

Marked4Gaming is a Entertainment forum for all your Gaming, Entertainment, News and Coding needs.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Seth Killian joins Sony, will work on All-Star Battle Royale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Obie
Media Team
Media Team

PostSubject: Seth Killian joins Sony, will work on All-Star Battle Royale   Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:27 am

Seth 'S-Kill' Killian, fighting game evangelist and former special advisor at Capcom, has joined Sony Santa Monica's external division as a lead game designer.

Killian is a renowned professional Street Fighter player, founder of the EVO fighting game tournament, served as liaison between Capcom and the fighting game community, and as adivsor on Street Fighter IV until his departure earlier this month.

Now it's been revealed he'll be working on Superbot Entertainment's PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which is commently referred to as a Sony themed Smash Bros, amongst other games developed by external Sony studios.

"Fighting games are very close to my heart," he said in his inaugural PlayStation Blog post. "As someone that's spent much of my life with traditional fighters, All-Stars has been a great opportunity to take a step back and rethink fighting fundamentals from the ground up.

"The entire team was put together from scratch to create this game, and they are loaded with fighting game superstars (including some impressive tournament credentials-I'm not even the first EVO finalist to join the team!) who love great combat just as much as I do."

Not skipping a beat, Killian swiftly transitioned into extoling the virtues of his latest project, which will certainly garner the attention of the hardcore community with him on board.

"All-Stars is also a total love-letter to Sony fans. From the characters, to their special moves, to the incredible level 3 supers, and the stages themselves, I'm not sure there's ever been such a giant dose of fan-service in Sony history. Beyond great character designs or all the ingenious little ideas that make combat feel great, the real test of a great game to me is that 'just *one* more game!' feeling.

"If it's 3am and you have to work the next day, but you've still got the urge to play again, you know you're doing something right. You only have to walk through SuperBot's studio and see all the staff being scolded to stop playing their own game and get back to work to know that they've really got something special cooking."

EVO 2012 kicks off this weekend and first order of business for Seth is to take All-Star Battle Royale on the road

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Seth Killian joins Sony, will work on All-Star Battle Royale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1